Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 Vacuum Cleaner Review
by David Wright | March 16, 2018
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 is an upright vacuum cleaner that is headlined by Dyson Ball Technology and the renounced suction power of Dyson vacuums. The machine aims to combine cleaning power with maneuverability and with a range of simple, yet helpful additions and features, it was clearly designed with ease of use at the forefront of considerations.
- Suction Power: Dyson vacuums are well known for their suction power, and the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 is no different. With a maximum suction power of 245 Air Watts, this machine is well above industry the industry average of about 180-200 Air Watts for the usual upright vacuum at this price point. When combined with the maneuverability that we will discuss shortly, this level of suction is market leading.
- Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head: Perhaps the most impressive feature of this model is the ability of the cleaner head to sense what type of flooring it is on in order to adjust performance. The head essentially adjusts its height from the ground depending on the surface it is on which optimizes cleaning performance, without the user having to do anything. This combines with Radial Root Cyclone technology and a High-Energy Particulate Arresting (HEPA) filter to remove the maximum level of dirt and dust from your home.
- High-Reach Wand and Attachments: The instant release high-reach wand allows the user to vacuum hard to reach areas that might normally require dusting. Additionally, by using the combination tool, a small attachment that clips onto the head of the wand, it is possible to vacuum shelves, window skirting and a range of other surfaces as part of your usual vacuum. The stair tool is another great innovation, which allows users to more easily and effectively vacuum stairs.
- Whole Machine HEPA Filtration: One notable feature that is particularly relevant to buyers with allergies or asthma is that the machine has whole machine HEPA certification. The machine has a HEPA filter, but more than that, Dyson has gone to the effort of proving that no air containing tiny, invisible particles of dust can escape from inside the machine, meaning it is a very suitable choice for those suffering from asthma, allergies, or other respiratory difficulties.
These are the main features that are included in the machine which make it among the most technologically advanced and innovative options on the market.
Whilst the main features of the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 are listed above, there are a number of small aspects of the machine that has a significant impact on the ease of use and subsequent level of cleaning.
- Power Cord: Whilst the machine is not cordless, which would be ideal, the power cord is over 30 feet long. This means that most apartments and small homes and can almost be vacuumed without having to use a second power point.
- Easy of Emptying and Cleaning: Whilst bagless technology is a mainstay of most vacuum cleaners these days, the ease of emptying the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 is next level. It is simply a matter of pulling a lever and allowing the dust to fall into your bin. This feature is particularly helpful given the amount of dirt the machine is capable of picking up. When it comes to cleaning the HEPA filter, simply washing it under running water is sufficient.
- Ball Technology: Dyson Ball Technology is almost synonymous with the brand itself. If you haven’t ever tried a Dyson with ball technology in your home before, the difference will be profound. The way in which the user can control the direction of the head of the vacuum with a twist of the wrist almost makes cleaning enjoyable. Whilst the suction capabilities are certainly impressive, it really is the maneuverability of the machine that allows this suction to work its magic across your entire house, including in corners, along walls and around furniture.
These additional qualities demonstrate how Dyson has gone the extra mile with this machine to ensure that it is as user-friendly as possible. The ease of movement and emptying of the machine make cleaning quicker, easier and more effective.
Size and Storage
The size of the machine is generally what you would expect from a vacuum cleaner. One downside to it is that it is slightly heavier than you would expect from looking at it. Weighing around 16 lbs (7 kg) reduces the ease of movement somewhat, however, this is still only a few pounds heavier than lightweight options.
In terms of storage, the ability for the cleaner to stand upright alone means it fits neatly into corners and cupboards. Unfortunately, there is no wall-hanging option as with some of the cordless vacuums in the Dyson range.
Generally speaking, the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 is very competitively priced for its quality and features. It is a premium product that is at the forefront of its industry, however, it is a durable and reliable product of sturdy construction. Dyson has the sort of reputation that cannot be built on faulty or flimsy products. The exact price that you pay, and the associated delivery costs, will depend somewhat on your specific location, however, it should be very reasonable for what it is.
If you are concerned about making such a big purchase, keep in mind that Dyson, and other retailers, may offer guarantees that offer some assurance. Dyson will also match the prices of its retailers even after you have purchased the machine if you find it cheaper, subject to terms.
Overall, whether it be by a measure of vacuum power, user-friendliness or value for money, the Dyson Multi Floor 2 is a sophisticated, reliable, and easy to use the machine. It combines the suction capabilities for which its maker is renowned with the ability to vacuum almost any surface in your home through versatility and maneuverability. Its few faults are minor drawbacks in the grand scheme of things, and for its price, there are few better options on what is a very crowded market.
For a quick summary of what we’ve covered, check out the table below for the key advantages and disadvantages of the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2.
|Suction power of 245 Air Watts||Slightly heavier than expected|
|High reach wand and attachments included||Cannot be hung for storage|
|Whole system HEPA Filtration which is easy to empty and clean|
|Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head|